In the context of economic globalization, our standard of living is constantly improving, and the requirements for the comfort of the home are also getting higher and higher. The wall paving in home decoration is particularly important, because the choice of interior ceramic wall tiles must match the color and size of the floor tiles, so as to highlight the beautiful lines of the wall tiles and floor tiles.
Therefore, the choice of interior ceramic wall tiles requires a certain understanding. What are interior ceramic wall tiles? What are the advantages of interior ceramic wall tiles? How to choose interior ceramic wall tiles? These are the hardships encountered by the householder when choosing.
I．What is interior ceramic wall tile?
● Interior wall tiles are a type of ceramic tiles, which are mainly used for interior wall decoration. The interior wall tiles are composed of three parts, the body, the bottom glaze layer, and the surface glaze layer. The water absorption rate of the blank bottom is generally about 10%-18%, the glazing grams of the bottom glaze is 40-60 grams, and the surface glaze is 90-160 grams.
In general, the higher the firing temperature, the greater the number of grams of surface glaze, the better the brightness of the tile, and the smoother the glaze. Of course, the quality of the glaze also has a big impact on it.
● The ceramic interior wall tiles use the advanced 3D high-definition multi-layer inkjet manufacturing process, the full dialysis glaze under-color technology combined with the advanced printing process, so that the colors of the interior wall tiles are colorful and more realistic.
Because the ceramic interior wall tile is used on the wall, it cannot be too thick, so the thickness of the ceramic interior wall tile is thinner and lighter than that of ordinary porcelain or floor tiles.
● Fully automatic ceramics wall tile production line：
Ⅱ. What are the advantages of interior ceramic wall tile?
1. Rich patterns
● The interior ceramic wall tiles use high-definition inkjet and polishing technology to print colorful patterns on the surface of the tile, making it look closer to natural stone in appearance.
● At the same time, it also brings good visual effects to people, and the decorative effect is very significant, which instantly enhances the atmosphere of the whole room.
2. The surface is more delicate
● Interior ceramic wall tiles are made by a secondary high-temperature firing process, which is different from the production process of polished tiles. Secondary firing refers to a firing method in which the ceramic ligands are subjected to a high-temperature treatment before and after the addition of the glaze.
● Such a treatment method can make the embryo body have better hardness, and can make the degree of adhesion with the glaze better. Makes the surface pattern of the final interior ceramic wall tile look more uniform and more delicate.
3. More customized solutions
● The 3D multi-point inkjet technology used by interior ceramic wall tiles can customize the surface pattern of the tile according to the natural stone file, and the similarity of customization can be close to 98%.
● Many designers and builders use this method to meet different needs.
Ⅲ. What are the differences between porcelain tile and ceramic wall tile?
Porcelain tile refers to floor tile with a porcelain surface, while tile refers to thin-layer patch with a porcelain surface attached to the surface of the wall. Interior ceramic wall tile is a type of tile. The interior wall tile generally refers to ceramic, glazed, and most suitable tiles for sticking on the surface of the wall. The main differences between the two are as follows:
1. The thickness is different:
Interior ceramic wall tile is specially used as a patch on the surface of the wall, while porcelain tile is only with a porcelain surface floor tile. The former is for the wall, and the latter is for the floor. Porcelain tile is naturally much thicker than interior ceramics wall tile.
2. The smoothness of the surface is different:
For the interior ceramic tiles, the smoother and more beautiful the better, and porcelain tiles must have a certain degree of slip resistance to ensure normal use.
3. The internal texture requirements are different:
Interior ceramic wall tile has strict requirements on the number of air bubbles inside, preferably none at all. Because of air bubbles, it is easy to break when frozen. And porcelain tile does not have high requirements for the number of bubbles.
4. The material requirements are different:
To test whether a polished glazed tile has a good surface quality, pour a small amount of water on the front of the tile and let it sit for ten minutes to see the effect.
Ⅳ. How to choose interior ceramic wall tile?
It is recommended to make scientific choices from five aspects: checking, watching, listening, testing, and comparing.
● Check whether there is the factory name, factory address and product name, specification, grade, quantity, trademark, production date and implementation standards on the product packaging box.
● Check whether there is a factory certificate, whether the product is damaged, and whether the quantity and quality of the products in the box are consistent with the contents on the box.
●The glaze surface of good quality ceramic tiles should be smooth and delicate, shiny and bright, and the matt glaze should be soft and comfortable.
Under the illumination of sufficient natural light or fluorescent lamps, the tiles should be placed 1 meter away for vertical observation, and no obvious glaze defects should be seen.
● The pattern of tiles with patterns should be fine, and there should be no obvious defects such as lack of color, broken lines, and dislocations.
Good products have a small size deviation, and a batch of products can be placed vertically on a plane to see if there is any unevenness; see the flatness of the tiles.
● You can tap the ceramic tiles gently, and if you listen to the crisp sound, it means that the ceramic tiles have high density and hardness, and the quality of such products is good. On the other hand, inferior products will make an ‘Kongkong’ sound when tapped.
● To choose ceramic glazed tiles with low water absorption, you can measure the water absorption of the tiles. The lower the water absorption, the higher the inherent stability of the tiles, and the more suitable for spaces with high moisture or moisture content (such as bathrooms, kitchens, etc.).
● The simple detection method is to pour a glass of water on the back of the tile. The water stain spreads rapidly, indicating that the water absorption rate is high, and vice versa. The slower the water absorption rate, the smaller the water absorption rate, the better the internal quality and the more durable the product it is good.
● Remind everyone to shop around and compare the internal quality. The same specifications of ceramic tiles, heavy weight, low water absorption, better internal quality.
● After having a certain understanding of the product, make a comprehensive comparison of the brand, quality, price, service and other aspects of the product, and then determine how to buy.
Ⅴ. What are the precautions for paving interior ceramic wall tile?
First, select a qualified construction team. Whether the decorative effect of ceramic tiles can achieve the desired goal, the quality of construction is one of the keys.
Second, check before paving. During the inspection, a certain number of tiles can be tested in a vacant lot. If you are not satisfied, please suspend the construction and report to the company or the dealer in time.
Third, leave the seam properly for paving. Because the coefficient of thermal expansion and contraction of the adhesive layer and the tile itself is very different when laving wall tiles, it will cause problems such as bulging and breaking of the tiles over time.
Fourth, while leveling and paving. It is recommended that the area of the leveling layer paved with cement mortar should not be too large, to avoid excessive time and cause quality.
Fifth, clean up in time. The product should be wiped clean with wood bran or sponge in time for about 1 hour after the product is paved, so as to avoid the surface pollution.
Sixth, check in time. About 12 hours after paving, tap the tile surface with wooden hob in time to check whether the wall tiles are hollow. All tiles need to be cleaned in time after paving.
The above is what George shared with you about interior ceramic wall tiles, what are the advantages of interior wall tiles, and how to choose interior wall tiles. Hope it helps you. If you want to know more about interior ceramic wall tiles, please continue to pay attention to the George Ceramic, we as a ceramic wall tile manufacturer will provide you with better service and better price. Please contact us any time, our professional team can answer your questions patiently.