Rustic porcelain tiles have the advantages of waterproof, anti-skid, corrosion resistance, etc. Therefore, many owners choose to pave rustic porcelain tiles when decorating bathrooms, but some owners do not know much about rustic porcelain tiles. What are the rustic porcelain tiles? How about the their advantages? How to choose high-quality rustic porcelain tiles?
I．What is rustic porcelain tile?
Rustic porcelain tile is a kind of glazed tile. The production material of rustic tile is the same as that of glazed tile, but the style is different. Unlike polished glazed tiles, it does not need to be polished, so the surface of rustic tiles is matte. Rustic tiles do not need to be polished, so the slip resistance will be better than other tiles. Rustic tiles are more used for natural and retro decoration styles in home interiors. Because it makes the indoor light soft, rustic tiles pay more attention to personalized performance, and gradually become consumers’ favorite tile products.
Ⅱ. What are the advantages of rustic porcelain tile?
1. Dirt resistant
● When the sun or light hits the ground, it will form a particularly dazzling picture, and because its surface is usually matte, there will be no “light pollution” of rustic tiles.
● In addition, the surface of the rustic tile has a layer of anti-fouling and wear-resistant glaze, so the stain is not easy to soak in, and it is easier to clean without leaving any traces.
2. Rich in size
● The sizes of rustic tiles are 600x600mm, 1200x600mm, 600x300mm, 400x400mm, 300x300mm.
● Suitable for all places, it is one of the most popular tile products now.
3. Rich patterns
● The rustic tile adopts high-definition inkjet, which can print colorful patterns on the tile surface, making its appearance closer to the texture of cement or stone.
● At the same time, it also brings good visual effects to people, and the decorative effect is very significant, which instantly enhances the atmosphere of the whole room.
4. High coefficient of friction
● Since the surface of rustic tile is matte, its anti-skid coefficient is usually R9. (It can be applied to common spaces such as daily halls, offices, etc.).
● The anti-skid coefficient of rustic tiles can be as high as R11. (It can be used in places that are wet all the year round, or soaked in water, such as in the shower room, around the swimming pool, or some areas that require anti-skid coefficients).
5. High hardness
● Since rustic tiles do not need to be polished, they only need to be pressed and fired from raw materials to production, making the production process simpler.
● Rustic tiles generally have less than 1% water absorption. Some rustic tiles have a water absorption rate of less than 0.1%, and the quality of this type of rustic tiles will be better, and more rigid.
Ⅲ. How to choose rustic porcelain tile?
1. Choose according to the color series:
● The popular rustic tiles are generally industrial modern style and Mediterranean style. Mainly black, gray, yellow and other cool tones. So when we want to get a personalized space, we can choose the colors of these series.
2. Choose according to specifications:
● There are many types of rustic tiles, the most commonly used is 600x600mm. Other specifications are 300x300mm, 400x400mm, 300x600mm, 800x800mm, 1200x600mm.
3. Check the regularity of the tiles:
● The size of tiles of the same specification generally does not exceed 0.5mm. In addition, pay attention to check whether the periphery of the tile is flat and whether the thickness is uniform.
4. Check the water absorption of the glaze:
● To test whether a polished glazed tile has a good surface quality, pour a small amount of water on the front of the tile and let it sit for ten minutes to see the effect.
5. Check the wear resistance of the tiles:
● Fully polished tiles can be scraped off with a sharp object such as a key or scissors. The quality of the tile is good if there are no scratches and cracks.
Ⅳ. How to maintain rustic porcelain tile?
1. Before the rustic tile is paved, in order to avoid damage to the tile surface during construction of other projects, it should be protected by woven bags and other items that are not easy to decolorize, and the tile surface should be well covered.
2. Please use dry mopping as much as possible when cleaning and mopping the floor, and use less wet mopping. If the part is dirty or stained, you can use household cleaners, such as dishwashing liquid, washing powder, etc., or use stain remover for cleaning, and Apply floor wax regularly or irregularly according to the usage, and then polish it after it dries to keep the tile surface as bright as new.
3. Special stains such as tea stains, fruit stains, coffee stains, ink stains, etc., can be removed by using high-purit H2O2 with a content of more than 27.5%, covering with paper towels, and soaking for 2-3 hours. (Note: H2O2 concentrations higher than 30% should not be in direct contact with the skin, and must be operated with rubber gloves).
Ⅴ. What are the precautions for paving rustic porcelain tile?
First, select a qualified construction team. Whether the decorative effect of ceramic tiles can achieve the desired goal, the quality of construction is one of the keys.
Second, check before paving. During the inspection, a certain number of tiles can be tested in a vacant lot. If you are not satisfied, please suspend the construction and report to the company or the dealer in time.
Third, leave the seam properly for paving. Because the coefficient of thermal expansion and contraction of the adhesive layer and the tile itself is very different when laying floor tiles, it will cause problems such as bulging and breaking of the tiles over time.
Fourth, while leveling and paving. It is recommended that the area of the leveling layer paved with cement mortar should not be too large, to avoid excessive time and cause quality.
Fifth, clean up in time. The product should be wiped clean with wood bran or sponge in time for about 1 hour after the product is paved, so as to avoid the surface pollution.
Sixth, check in time. About 12 hours after paving, tap the tile surface with wooden hob in time to check whether the floor tiles are hollow. All tiles need to be cleaned in time after paving, and you can walk after 24 hours.
About what is rustic porcelain tile, what are the advantages of this tile, and the relevant knowledge of how to choose this tile, I will tell you so much today. Rustic porcelain tiles are favored by consumers because of their waterproof, anti-skid, corrosion resistance, rich and diverse colors. They have also become mainstream products in the modern ceramic industry. When purchasing, be sure to choose the best rustic tiles.