★ Floor heating is the abbreviation of radiant floor heating. It uses the whole floor as the radiator, heats the whole floor evenly through the heat medium in the floor radiation layer, and heats the room through the floor in the way of radiation and convection heat transfer to achieve the purpose of comfortable heating. According to different heat transfer media, it is divided into water floor heating and electric floor heating, and according to different pavement structures, it is mainly divided into dry floor heating and wet floor heating.
★ Water floor heating refers to a heating method that heats water to a certain temperature, delivers it to the water pipe heat dissipation network under the floor, and heats through the floor.
★ As we all known, besides being installed under the flooring, floor heating can also be installed under tiles.
Ⅰ. Can floor heating be installed under tiles?
After the tiles are paved on the floor heating, it is no problem to use them for 10-20 years. Tiles are not only solid, corrosion resistant, waterproof, but also not easily deformed and damped.
Because the surface of tile is relatively solid, it is usually not cracked due to external forces, and it is not easy to leave scratches. After the floor heating and tiles are installed, no need to worry about any problems.
The thermal conductivity of tiles is good. Generally, when the floor heating is turned on, you can quickly feel the changes of indoor and floor temperatures. After the floor heating is installed, the effect of floor heating can be felt quickly when the temperature rises rapidly.
Ⅱ. What are the advantages of tiles after floor heating installation?
1. Environmental protection
▲ Although the tiles have natural radioactivity, they are fired at a constant temperature of 1200 ℃. Therefore, for the floor heating temperature, there is no need to worry about the impact of radiation.
▲ The traditional composite flooring and laminate flooring contain chemical additives such as formaldehyde, which will accelerate the volatilization of harmful substances under high temperature heating conditions, which is harmful to health. If the flooring is paved on the floor heating, attention should be paid to the selection of floor heating dedicated to floor heating, and the selection of environment-friendly materials.
2. Service stability
▲ Because of its low moisture content, tiles can maintain stability without worrying about mildew, moth eaten, corrosion, deformation, or water ingress. After heating, they will be deformed and warped, not to mention the emission of harmful gases or radioactive substances.
▲ Because there are many pore structures in the wood, repeated changes in the external space will cause changes in the internal moisture content of the wood, which will lead to floor deformation and warping. The floor heating should be wood flooring, preferably composite flooring or floor heating. The new floor heating system controls the deformation rate of the solid flooring in a reasonable range by controlling the wood moisture content, high temperature carbonization and other methods.
3. Thermal insulation
▲The main components of tiles are silicon dioxide and aluminum trioxide. They have good thermal conductivity and short preheating time. They can raise the temperature in a short time after the floor heating is turned on, but they can also accelerate the indoor temperature emission after the system is turned off, so they cannot be kept warm for a long time.
▲ The thermal conductivity of tiles is better than that of flooring. In winter, when the floor heating is turned on, the indoor temperature rises quickly.
4. Rich patterns
▲The tiles have complete specifications, various designs and colors, stronger selectivity, and various matching effects, giving more room for decoration design.
5. Easy to clean and maintain
▲If the tiles are dirty, wipe them with a damp rag to clean them up. Moreover, it is not easy for sewage to penetrate into the tiles, and it is not necessary to use flooring cleaning agent or care wax for maintenance in ordinary cleaning. Cleaning and maintenance are much cheaper than flooring.
Ⅲ. What should we pay attention to when paving tiles on floor heating?
1. Attention shall be paid to the seam when paving tiles for floor heating. The seam is mainly reserved for the expansion and contraction of tiles, and the size of tiles may not be all regular. Proper seam can make up for the defects of tiles with different sizes.
2. The foam is used as the expansion layer beside the wall, and it is better not to decorate the wall immediately after the floor tiles are paved. Wait until the ground is dry and then decorate the wall. If the ground is not dry, it is easy to cause the wall peeling and hollowing after decoration.
3. There should be expansion joints at the wall edge, and the lower part of the floor tile should be ground at a 45 degree angle to prevent the tiles from swelling, and the tiles will not loosen.
4. It is better not to press the ground with sharp objects or heavy objects, as it is easy to damage the floor heating pipe.
5. When the tiles are transported back from other places, it is better to put them on the paved ground for a few days. Because the temperature difference in each area is different, there will be slight thermal expansion and cold contraction when the tiles are transported from other places. Placing them indoors for a few days can make the temperature of the tiles adapt to the temperature in the paved area, and can reduce the deformation of the tiles.
Ⅳ. How to choose floor heating tiles?
1. Good dimensional stability
Tiles must be selected with good dimensional stability, which depends on the density and internal bonding strength of the floor. The floor with good dimensional stability will not deform due to the high temperature of the floor heating, but will not deform or crack under the long-term high temperature of the floor heating.
2. Moisture resistance
Generally, tiles require good water absorption expansion rate. The expansion rate of tiles after water absorption is required to be less than or equal to 2.5%. The smaller the expansion coefficient, the better.
3. Formaldehyde emission qualified
Because tiles will double release formaldehyde under high temperature environment, attention should be paid to the formaldehyde content of products when selecting tiles, and products that meet national standards should be selected.
4. Fast heat transfer
Floor heating requires good heat transfer efficiency, so tiles not only need good heat transfer efficiency, but also need fast heat conduction. Pay attention to the heat conductivity of the product when purchasing tiles.
Ⅴ. What are the precautions after paving floor heating tiles?
1. When heating for the first time after paving the tiles, you must pay attention to slowly warming up, so that the floor tiles can adapt for a certain time, so that the floor will not be deformed due to high temperature.
2. The heating season in winter every year should be heated slowly like the first heating.
3. The furniture with legs should be used as far as possible to adapt to the floor heating. If the furniture with bottom is used, it is easy to cause the floor heating is not hot and local damage to the floor.
In fact, whichever you choose has its advantages and disadvantages. You can choose according to your own needs. It is also a good choice to pave tiles in the floor heating room, because the floor heating room has many advantages, such as good stability, fast heat conduction, and good environmental protection.
If you really don’t know which one to choose, it is recommended to choose according to different living spaces. The living room is paved with tiles, which has good thermal conductivity, safety and environmental protection. It is also very convenient to clean at ordinary times. The flooring is selected for the bedroom, which is comfortable for feet and good for living experience, so it is also more practical.
The above is about the introduction of “can floor heating be installed under tiles”. If you want to know more about them, please continue to pay attention to the George Ceramic, we will provide you with better service and better price.