The area of the kitchen and bathroom is small, but they are frequently used in daily life, and they are all operated with water. Therefore, when decorating the kitchen and bathroom, every detail must be considered carefully to avoid mistakes.
Regarding the precautions for kitchen decoration, I have shared a lot before, and in bathroom decoration, every detail is also crucial, such as bathroom tiles, which are also very knowledgeable. Today, we will share more details about bathroom tiles.
I．How to choose bathroom tile?
● Tile specification recommendations
▲ Bathroom floor tiles: The commonly used tile specifications are 300×300mm, 300×600mm, 600×600mm. Small-sized tiles are generally used, because small-sized tiles are convenient for the floor to go down the slope, and the floor water flow is introduced into the floor drain.
In addition, large-sized tiles are not It is suitable for paving in a small space such as the bathroom. It is not good-looking if there are only a few pieces. But you can’t choose too small tiles, such as 150×150mm, too small tiles will cause high labor costs, and there are many tile seams, which is easy to accumulate dirt.
▲ Bathroom wall tiles: The commonly used wall tile specifications are 300×300mm, 300×450mm, 300×600mm, 300×900mm. The specifications of the wall tiles are usually matched with the specifications of the floor tiles, and the specifications should be matched as much as possible.
The modules are unified, which is convenient for the joints of the wall and floor tiles, and the paving effect is more beautiful. Of course, it is also possible to have no seams. For example, wall tiles and floor tiles are of different colors and styles.
The specifications of the wall tiles are generally small-sized tiles for the walls where the water pipe interface is installed with holes, and large-sized tiles for other walls without holes, which can reduce the cost and loss of tile removal for later water pipe maintenance.
Therefore, the best bathroom wall tiles can be understood as the most suitable interior wall tiles for your bathroom.
Click to learn more about tile water absorption.
● Tile specification recommendations
1.Consider the anti-slip effect
It is recommended to choose non-slip tiles for the floor, which can be tested with water when purchasing. It is recommended to choose full tiles for the walls, which have better water-retaining and water-repellent performance, but the full tiles need to be pasted with tile glue, and the cost is slightly higher. The corners are of good quality, and are not prone to chipping and edge knocking.
2. Drainage should be smooth
Of course, some people think that the floor tiles with uneven surface have the best anti-slip effect. Is this kind of floor tiles suitable for bathrooms? The bathroom is used as a bathing space.
After bathing, the water on the floor must be drained away as soon as possible to keep it dry to avoid the growth of bacteria. Therefore, the floor tiles of the bathroom should not be selected with bumps and holes on the surface, so that the drainage effect is not good. It can easily lead to stagnant water.
3. Dirt-resistant and easy-care
There are two kinds of dirt in the bathroom, one is hair and the other is yellow dirt. Therefore, when choosing floor tiles, we must also consider the problem of dirt resistance and care.
Generally speaking, light gray is a more stain-resistant choice, because the hair is not obvious and a little dirt will not be too conspicuous.
4. Choose the domestic brand of tile
It is recommended to choose domestic brands. The selected tiles are dense and delicate in texture, and the percussion sound is as crisp as a can.
You can see the side and back of the tiles. It is best to see broken stubble, or polished tiles. The higher the density, the heavier the weight and the better the sintering strength.
5. Choose your favorite tile pattern
You can choose according to your own preferences. Usually people choose one pattern of wall tile and floor tile. Personally, it is not recommended to install the floor tile on the wall, because the back texture of the floor tile is not suitable for the wall to be pasted, and the flatness is different.
Especially, it’s not recommended to use the tile cutting method to cut large tiles into small tiles and put them on the wall. One is that it is easy to fall off and is hollow, the other is that the flatness is not very good, and it is more troublesome.
6. Do not choose bright surface tiles
It is not recommended to choose a bright surface for bathroom tiles. The tiles with better light reflection performance are recommended to choose a matte surface, tiles that do not reflect or reflect less light.
Some people think that the bathroom window is small, choose bright tiles, the bathroom is brighter. However, the result is that the bathroom tiles are more likely to be dirty and difficult to take care of.
The watermarks on them are very clear, and the reflection of the tiles will also lead to dazzling problems. Especially when using the toilet at night, when the light shines on the tiles and the reflection is very strong.
Ⅱ. Which styles of tiles are suitable for bathroom?
1. Gray matte tile
Gray is a simple, elegant, practical and dirty-resistant floor tile color scheme. The effect is more versatile. It is also suitable for using on the bathroom floor. At the same time, considering the anti-slip effect and other factors, it is more common to choose gray matte tiles for the bathroom floor.
▲Gray matte tile is a common choice for bathroom floor tiles.
2. Light brown retro tile
Light brown and light yellow are a relatively dirt-resistant floor tile color scheme. This kind of floor tile is more common in traditional decoration styles. Now many hardcover rooms are standard, usually this color floor tile.
▲Light yellow is a classic floor tile color.
3. Light blue retro tile
The bathroom is a space with a lot of water. By choosing light blue floor tiles, the effect of the whole space is closer to the element of water, and the overall space is relatively quiet, elegant and natural.
▲Light blue rustic bathroom floor tile is a good choice.
4. Literary pattern tiles
With young people’s personalized pursuit of decoration style, matching with tiles, terrazzo tiles, etc., is also a very good matching scheme for the small space of the bathroom.
▲ Literary terrazzo floor tiles.
Ⅲ.What are the methods of paving bathroom tile?
1. Wall oblique paving: The 45-degree bathroom oblique paving method is adopted, and the combined vertical paving is a common form of bathroom tile paving, which can make the wall more colorful from the original monotonous geometric lines, and can also enhance the empty three-dimensional sense and lively atmosphere.
2. Dry paste method: It is to use tile adhesive for paving. The tiles do not need to be soaked in water in advance. As long as the basic floor tile paving conditions are good, it can be paved. Moreover, the sticking effect is far better than that of cement paving, which is very suitable for home decoration with small working surface and less ideal working environment.
3. Good combination of floor paving: Because the floor tiles are composed of many lines of different sizes, it can make the space look lively.
4. Multi-color combination paving: This is the latest paving trend in Spanish tiles. It is paved by the random combination of floor tiles with different glazed colors, so that the visual effect of the whole space is very different, which can make people feel very wonderful and different.
5. Seam paving: It is very suitable for the paving of rustic tiles in the bathroom. If the glazed surface of the rustic tiles is uneven, it can be made into corrosion. Leave gaps when paving, and then fill the gaps with colored cement, so that the overall living room can achieve a unified effect.
Ⅳ. What are the precautions for paving bathroom floor tile?
1. Seam: Whether it is a seamed tile or a seamless tile, you must pay attention to the seam during construction. Polished tiles are generally 1mm, ceramic tiles are 2-5mm, and rustic tiles are 5-8mm. Otherwise, thermal expansion and cold contraction will easily squeeze the tile surface.
2. Filling: Tile jointing can be carried out after the tiles are dry and solid, generally any time after 24 hours. When the tiles are not completely dry and solidified, it is easy to cause the tiles to loosen and fall off later.
3. Preliminary cleaning: Before tiling, the wall must be checked. If the wall has cracks, it must be dealt with first, and the wall should be cleaned at the same time. Otherwise, it is easy to bury the hidden safety hazard of tiles falling off.
4. Post-maintenance: Do not scratch or contaminate the brick surface. Walking on the brick surface that is not dry and solid is a common occurrence in the construction process, which will cause damage to the tiles.
5. Tile processing: Be careful when edging the corner wall tiles, so as not to damage the glaze layer of the tiles. When connecting, be careful that the gap is not too small.
6. Paving the front row of tiles: Before paving the tiles in the bathroom, make a plan for paving the tiles. Problems in the layout can be found in time to avoid unnecessary losses and waste caused by rework.
The above is about the tips of choosing bathroom tiles. If you want to know more about them, please continue to pay attention to the George Ceramic, we will provide you with better service and better price.