The kitchen is an important place in the family, and we should pay more attention to it when decorating. The kitchen is a place that is particularly easy to get dirty, so the tiles must be easy to clean and stain-resistant. The kitchen is also the place where food is produced.
It is a place where “chefs” show their craftsmanship. The environment of the kitchen is very important, choosing the best kitchen tile plays an important role in creating an elegant environment.
Ⅰ. Which floor tile is best for the kitchen?
Compared with other functional areas such as the living room, the kitchen floor has different needs. The kitchen is a place with more open water, more oil stains, and more prone to mess. Therefore, before choosing kitchen floor tiles, be sure to clarify the needs of the kitchen floor: waterproof, non-slip, dirt-resistant, and wear-resistant.
1. Preferred non-slip tiles or full-body tiles
(1) Full-body tile
● Because of its lower water absorption and good abrasion resistance, it is widely used in kitchen floors. The surface of the full-body tile is not glazed, and the material and color of the front and back are the same, and the slip resistance is good.
(2) Non-slip tiles
● Most of the non-slip tiles have a rough surface and a high anti-slip coefficient, so they will not fall easily when there is water on the kitchen floor.
● Because full-body tiles and non-slip tiles are not glazed, the colors are usually more elegant and light, which are suitable for places like the kitchen where the space is small and easy to be depressed.
2. It is not recommended to pave polished tiles in the kitchen
● Because the full-body tile has a lower appearance than other floor tiles, just like the glazed tile has relatively more colors and patterns, many users will choose it.
Among the various floor tiles, polished tiles are the least recommended for kitchens. Polished tiles are not slippery in contact with water, and they are not slip resistant, which is not safe for both adults and children.
3. The kitchen can also pave the flooring
● Many foreign families like to choose the flooring to pave on the floor, because the flooring will also play a non-slip effect. But what we need to pay attention to is to prevent a lot of water from running on the flooring.
● There are three things to keep in mind when paving the flooring in the kitchen:
First: Install baffles on cabinets to prevent water from splashing on the floor;
Second: Pave non-slip mats or carpets near the cabinet to prevent direct water exposure;
Third: The water pipes should be of good quality to prevent the floor immersion and damage caused by the burst water pipes.
Ⅱ. What pattern of tiles to use for kitchen?
● The kitchen is a relatively humid place in the home, so the walls of the kitchen are generally covered with wall tiles, which can be waterproof and decorative. In the case of kitchen walls, the first choice should be polish or matte glazed tiles. Some people may think that matte tiles are not easy to clean, but on the contrary, matte tiles are very easy to clean, and their surface is very delicate, has a simple luster, and looks very fashionable.
1. Monochrome tiles
● The paving of large areas of monochrome color tiles is the most common way of kitchen design. Its single tone sets the trend of the overall style of the kitchen. Light-colored monochrome tiles can create a clean and bright atmosphere, and can expand the depth of field of the entire space, which is suitable for small kitchens.
The dark monochromatic tiles are more personalized, can highlight the visual effect of the entire space, and enhance the overall aesthetics, but it is more suitable for large-space kitchens and open kitchens.
2. Patterned tiles
● Patterned tiles have always been a very classic interior decoration element. The clever use of patterned tiles in the kitchen space can decorate a more textured and fashionable visual effect, turning the space into a retro literary style in seconds.
Wall tiles and solid color floor tiles are one of the paving methods. The rich colors and three-dimensional linear beauty make the whole tile body more personalized, forming a distinct visual difference with the solid color floor tiles, creating a unique sense of hierarchy, full of artistic.
3. Mosaic tiles
● Mosaic kitchen tiles are a kind of decorative tiles that have been popular for a long time and have been widely used as early as the 1980s. Nowadays, mosaic tiles are returning to the home decoration industry with a new style, bringing more possibilities to the space.
When the kitchen space is large enough, you can choose the unique mosaic tiles. It can be combined according to different arrangements, with a variety of gradient, repeating wall patterns, to create a unique shape.
Mosaic tiles can be mounted on the wall or paved on the floor. Whether it is on the wall or on the floor, it can bring a wonderful visual experience to this kitchen space.
Click to learn more about mosaic tiles.
4. Marble tiles
● Marble tiles, known as the most connotative and aesthetic tiles, can be paved in the kitchen to create a sense of luxury and elegance in this space. This type of tile is suitable for paving the whole house, and it can also be paved locally.
It is recommended to choose white and gray marble tiles for partial paving, which can make the whole space look more spacious and atmospheric. Delicate textures, simple tones, with a sense of stability and elegance, show its unique charm in this highly practical space.
Click to learn more about marble tiles.
Ⅲ. What are the tile colors suitable for the kitchen?
1. The color matching of the kitchen needs to highlight the changing effect of the kitchen space, so you can’t just choose traditional dark color tiles. Light-colored tiles are more suitable, especially in hot summer. If the kitchen is light green, the cook will also feel acceptable.
2. Generally speaking, the living room and the kitchen are connected together. For the tile color suitable for the kitchen, you can choose similar or contrasting colors. In a large space, it is best not to exceed three colors.
3. The color of tiles suitable for the kitchen should follow a concise and clean style, and pay attention to matching the color of the cabinets and cooking tables. The pattern should be clean, generous and clear.
4. The color of tiles suitable for the kitchen can be selected from pure white and add some decorative lines of other colors, which is very fashionable. There are also cool-toned tiles such as apple green and light purple, which are also liked by many people, and also it can be matched with white tiles, the decorative effect is very good.
5. It is best not to choose warm colors for the color of ceramic tiles in the kitchen, because in the kitchen is a high temperature environment, warm colors can easily increase the psychological temperature, and cool colors can alleviate this very well. And do not choose dark colors, if the kitchen area is small, it will be more depressing and dull. The light-colored tiles can have the effect of expanding the space, making the space brighter and more spacious.
Ⅳ. What are the kitchen tile purchasing skills?
1. A more common way to judge the quality of a tile is to listen to the sound of the tile tapping, pinch the corner of the tile with one hand, and then tap the tile with the other hand. If the sound is dull, it means that the tile is not good. If the sound is crisp, then the quality of the tile is better.
2. When buying tiles, we can also see the cross-section of the tiles. The shops in this shop generally have broken tiles. If the cross-section is smooth and fine, it means that the quality of the tiles is very good.
3. What you must do when purchasing ceramic tiles is to observe that the tiles are not protruding, not uneven, the glaze is relatively smooth, and there is no phenomenon of different shades of color, indicating that this is a good quality ceramic tile. At the same time, the pattern of good tiles is more delicate, and there is no dislocation and color leakage.
4. The quality of the tiles is also reflected in the waterproof performance. We take a tile, turn it over to the back, and then pour a glass of water to see the penetration speed of the water. The slower the water traces run, the higher the density of the tile. The higher, the better.
Click to learn more about purchasing tiles.
The kitchen is a very important place in the home, because we all need to use the kitchen to make meals. When decorating the kitchen, we not only need to consider the practicability of the kitchen, but also need to make the kitchen more beautiful. Only in this way, when we are making food, we can have a happy mood.